Amphenol BSI has been the leader in the High Tech Backplane Assembly Industry for the past 30 years. We have traditionally focused on Signal Integrity, Design, Assembly and Test of High-Speed Backplane systems, mainly for the global IT Datacom markets. Our main manufacturing facilities are located in Changzhou, China & Mexicali, Mexico, but we can also leverage Assembly opportunities across Amphenol’s global manufacturing footprint.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) will develop, implement and manage the sales diversification efforts through AGIS Central Sales Team; including Manufacturer’s Representatives and Distribution. They will also utilize all other sales channels available across the Corporation to ensure the profitable growth of Amphenol Backplane Systems and Integration (ABSI) product lines. The BDM will develop plans and activities to maximize exposure and revenue growth across new Markets spanning North America. They will be responsible for minimum $5M-10M in sales with targeted growth to $25M through personal sales efforts, relationships with all Direct and Indirect sales personnel and/or sales channels reporting directly into the established Sales Management organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maximize sales growth to meet or exceed the formal Order and Revenue Budget as established.
- Work with Director of Sales and all ABSI Managers and Team in the creation of business vision, plans and actions in support of a $100M business unit of Amphenol Global Interconnect Systems (ABSI).
- Work in tandem with the established Sales Management organization in managing efforts of independent Sales (Manufacturer’s Representatives) and AGIS Central Sales Organization specific to assigned product and market responsibility.
- Assist the established Sales Management organization in promoting assigned product line with indirect Rep sales force; including specialized product training, periodic reviews and assessment of performance. Assist Director of Sales and Regional Sales in strengthening non-Direct sales effectiveness.
- Develop relationships between ABSI and the key target accounts specific to assigned product line. Directly customer interfaces as required in order to maintain or establish trusting relationships.
- Maintain knowledge of customer and territory sales potential specific to the assigned product line.
- Provide regular feedback on market conditions and trends.
- Manage, coordinate and/or assist with special projects as assigned by the Director of Sales.
- Maintain expenses within Budgeted guidelines.
- Participation and maintenance of Company business CRM opportunity management software specific to sales territory and scope of responsibilities.
- Understand and follow applicable Company practices, policies and procedures.
- Work safely.
- Electrical Engineering Degree and 7+ years of directly related experience or equivalent education and work experience.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven Sales, Senior-level Product Management, and/or Sales Management experience is expected including some level of prior experience in working with independent Sales Agents and Distributors.
- Must be able to work with a high degree of accuracy, under pressure and with frequent interruptions.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of personal computers (Microsoft Office and Microsoft Dynamics CRM).
- Must possess strong diplomacy and problem-solving skills.
- Must have excellent sales, communications, interpersonal, negotiation, people management, and business judgment skills.
- Must possess above average team concept skills and traits.
- Position requires minimum 50% travel.
Amphenol is a proud Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.